January 6, 2010

awaiting spring...


So with the babies coming and spring following closely behind them I've decided to take this down time and redecorate our living room for spring. Maybe redecorate isn't the right word...basically I'm getting rid of the orange and brown that was in our living room for fall and replacing it with blues, tans and browns. This smokey blue is so popular right now and looks amazing with a taupe color! I love the blue against a tan couch but for now our dark dark green (almost brown) couch will do :) My inspiration is above and I actually went to PB yesterday and purchased the Jute Braid Pillow Cover in french blue for our couch. I have a vision for curtains that I'll be working on over the next couple of days. It involves a Liz Claiborne striped fabric paired with our already cream curtains...which the other day replaced our Ember Payton drape curtains. Too early for spring decorating??? It's very subtle and relaxing and I think that's something I'll appreciate once I'm pretty much home bound after the girls are born:)

2 comments:

Taylor said...

You might be able to paint the coffee table like the picture.

Natalie said...

I just painted my master bedroom ceiling that smoky blue! I feel so in style now! Ha ha. :)